Wednesday, February 23, 2011

First, firsts!

Oh wow - I have been a horrible "blogger" and have definitely gotten behind on my posts, but for good reason. Last week I had an incredible week away in Oahu! We headed over for ministry, but were super blessed to have my parents come over to visit with us too!! Oh, it was so good to be with them and fun to show them my ever growing baby bump.

In the midst of the last two weeks on my non-blogging I've had all these fun baby firsts that I figure I must just share. I'm now 21 weeks but here are some fun things that have happened in the past few days:
1. Baby Boy Mal got his first bit of clothes (not only a bit, but enough stuff...including a 10 pack of cloth diapers....that we had to get another carry on suitcase to bring it home to Kona!) Thanks Mom!
2. I felt the baby move for the first time! Totally a crazy, wonderful experience.
3. I had to unbutton my jeans and pull out a nifty "bella-band" (essentially a large piece of spandex material so you can simply unbutton your pants, but still wear them with your expanding belly)
4. Graham felt the baby move!! Ah, so cool to have him a part of it!
5. We booked Baby Mal's first international travel experience....mind you, he'll obviously be in the womb, but still with us! (PS - we are headed to Asia in one week! Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines for 2 weeks on behalf of the DTS department here with YWAM Kona. I love my life!)

It's been so wonderful to be released into so my joy and anticipation over being pregnant and expecting our first child. Thankfully, I have also not been as sick which as been great, but something with that ultrasound sure made this whole thing real for me, and for us.

Lastly, many have been wondering and asking "do you have a name?" We have decided to keep this part a secret :) And truthfully, we currently don't have one picked out! Which is good because if we did I would really have a hard time keeping that secret! But you will all have to wait until this summer to know what we're going to call our little guy. A good reason to continue to read my blogs..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment