Thursday, February 3, 2011

All I want is fruit!

In the past few days I think I've finally come into my first real pregnancy craving. And it's good, heathy one too - all I've been able to think about is eating fruit! Apples, bananas, grapefruit, bananas, avocados, peaches, strawberries, orange juice.....fresh, frozen or all blended together I have not been able to get enough!
Well today I was introduced and tried for the first time acai (say it like: ah-sigh-EE)....which is not only a little remarkable, Brazilian berry, but super good for you too! Acai is a small, dark purple, grape-like shaped berry that's 90% seed and 10% mighty goodness. It's a berry that sweet and ends with a dark chocolaty flavor. For an afternoon treat, my friend treated me a delicious Acai Bowl at a fun local Kona spot. The bowl is a blended version of acai (sort of like a smoothie) then toped with natural granola, coconut, honey and (by my pick today) sliced strawberries, bananas and blueberries. I think it was one of the yummiest things I've had.
Check these guys out (and the pictures) at: www.basikacai.com

18 weeks pregnant and loving fruit, LOVING acai. Big news is that we have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday! As long as Baby Mal cooperates, we'll even be able to find out the gender - we cannot wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment