Friday, January 28, 2011

Thankful

So today I'm having a rough day. I'm fully into my second trimester and have spent the past two days at home, incredibly sick again. I'm 17 weeks and feel like the last two days I've regressed back to 10 weeks with how I've been feeling. So this morning, instead of my typical marathon of  "Friends"  episodes, I felt prompted by the Lord to declare the truth of how thankful I am to be pregnant and a soon-to-be-parent regardless of what the day brings.

10 Reasons why I'm so thankful to be pregnant:

1. It's an answer to my prayers! It truly has been a desire of my heart to be a mom.
Psalms 21:2 - For you have given him his heart's desire; you have withheld nothing he requested. 

2.  If I want to eat a piece of chocolate and a slice of cheese while drinking a vitamin water, that's ok. (Which is what I'm doing as I post this)

3. I've been learning what it means to rest - both physically and in the Lord. Plus, who knew I'd ever love naps and going to bed before 8!
Psalms 91:1 - Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 

4. I've seen my husband come alive at being my protector and caring for me while I've been sick. It's so fun to see my man become a Dad even now.


5. I've seen just how much of a miracle it is as these little ones are formed! God really has made this process incredible and straight from His hand. For example: At 17 weeks, my baby already has it's own unique finger prints, knows how to stuck it's thumb, and can hear me!

6. I have a reason to buy some new clothes :)

7. I am learning more about grace. I'm so thankful that I do not have to rely on my own strength and am grateful to start to understand a bit more of this now as I'm sure to need it in a few short months!
Lamentations 3:22-23 - The faithful love of the Lord never ends! his mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. 


8. I can end my day knowing it's all going to be worth it and that every day I'm really working hard at something. "I grew my baby today, what did you do?" Haha.

9. I'm going to experience one of the greatest gifts from God!
Psalms 127:3 - Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. 

10. I get to experience what it's like to truly walk into what you've been made to do! Graham and I have always known we've had a direct call to raise up and train this next generation so that they can truly change the world with the love of Christ. It's incredible to know that I am getting ready to raise up my very own little disciple and world changer. By far my favorite thing that I love about being pregnant and that I'm thankful for are the little opportunities to speak life and destiny over my child even now!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah Alissa, this a such a lovely post! I would have to do the same! Well done for looking at all the positive things esp when you are feeling so sick! Am sure soon you will start to get that glowing feeling and the sickness will pass. I bet you are such a cute pregnant lady!! You are just SO made to be a Mum and Graham will be the best Dad too! I can't wait to meet the little person inside you! (I voted girl, he he). Cant wait to just hang out with you! Come on Green Card!! In Jesus' name!! x love you x Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! I am so happy I will get to see a picture of you pregnant each week! Almost as good as getting to see you in person!

    ReplyDelete