Saturday, July 30, 2011

"You're sure your mother's son".....

Today Levi is 4 weeks old! Wow!! I cannot believe how fast the time has already gone, although most days it feels as if this is how it's always been, or that our little guy has been with us for a lifetime already. Levi continues to be such a joy and challenge as I learn what life with an infant truly looks like!

What's incredible is that already we can start to see parts of Levi's personality emerging, and at 4 weeks old I can see some similarities between the two of us :) Here are some fun ones that I've noticed already that point out that he really is my boy!
Two peas in a pod - 4 weeks old


The top 5 ways Levi is (already) just like me :)


1. He's a messy eater - anyone who knows me that typically I can't go through a day (or meal for that matter!) without dropping some sort of food on my clothes or the floor. Somehow every feed, Levi manages to have milk on his nose, cheek, down his neck and not to mention all over our boppy too; therefore I've lovingly nicknamed him "Milk Face."
2. He loves the water - I was a born swimmer! I have pictures of me face in the water, "swimming" at 14 months, and I still love the water now. About a week ago, we experimented and had Graham take Levi in the shower with him.....he LOVES it! He loves his face getting wet, the water running over him and being with Dad. He also loves his bath times too and will actually cry getting out and put in the towel!
3. He doesn't like to nap :) - I'm not very good at resting myself.....I have to be exhausted to take a nap during the day, though most days now I am embracing the nap as long as I can convince Levi to nap too! I think it's all out of fear of "missing out"....he's so alert and social!! He's constantly looking all around, looking you in the eye, captivated by all that's going on around him. In fact, I can't make eye contact with him when I'm rocking him to sleep so that he knows I mean business - it's nap time! (Praise the Lord though that he sleeps pretty good at night though!!)
4. He "talks" with his hands - yes, obviously I know that he's not talking yet, but the little guy loves to use his hands to be expressive.....a trait that he obviously picked up from me where about 50% of my communication (especially when I'm excited) can be found in hand gestures! Levi loves his hands up by his face, hates to be swaddled because his hands are not free, loves to grab and hold onto his burp cloth or WubbaNub (Wondering what the heck that is? You have to check these out - this was a gift courtesy of Auntie Car, and Levi loves it! He has two, the giraffe and horse http://www.wubbanub.com/prod_giraffe.html), which was all to similar to me as a little one with my Teddy and blankie too!
5. He looks like me - enough said right :) Maybe this is not a personality trait, but I think it's pretty cool and should definitely make the top 5!
We cannot wait to see how Levi continues to fascinate us and grow into the little man he's been created to be - full of personality and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment