Friday, August 26, 2011

Bouncing back on the activity mat

Ah, thank goodness it's Friday :) Though I have to admit that this week got a whole lot better after Monday's madness. There's been a heightening of spit up (yuck! I hate smelling like baby spit up, come on now!), but also an increase of activity and fun!

This week it has been incredible watching Levi grow, develop and thrive on his play mat - I know he's my son, but I think it's the cutest thing ever! I found a Baby Einstein ocean themed activity center on Craigslist, and just this week Levi has taken to the under the sea adventure. He lays on this back, wriggling away, producing a good half hour of entertainment for me as his movements and chattering sounds change depending on the cheesy melody plunking out of the play mat. It's incredible to see him grow like this, I love being a mom. Ah, now this is love for the one who spits up on you continually :)

I'm so thankful that every day is new, and bad days come and go, but play mat times, smiles, wriggles and coos always win me over again, soften my heart and make me appreciate my life and little one. So thank you Levi for being so cute and developing all your senses in such an entertaining way - it sure helps your mom bounce back!

Pure joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment