Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rolling and running

This past week, both Levi and I have started new things and you can probably figure them out from the title :)

12 weeks!
Yesterday Levi turned 12 weeks old! He celebrated by sleeping two, six hours stretches at night and then by conquering the roll over this morning. I could not be more happier (and rested!) about that first accomplishment and Levi is pretty impressed with his new trick of rolling too. It means he no longer needs to spend anytime on his tummy - he just flips!


I've taken on a return to running. Now, even before I was pregnant I wasn't really a super runner or anything, but I decided just shortly after giving birth that I would set a goal to run a 5K before the end of the year. Ok, I know 5K (or 3 miles) really isn't that far, but come on people, I just had a baby! :) I found this fun training program online called "Couch to 5K" that literally sets out a plan for even a lazy couch potato to learn to run 3 miles (without stopping) in just two months. So I'm on week #2, with a goal to do my first run on November 24th (American Thanksgiving) in a free Peaman Event called the "Wobble & Gobble Run" here in Kona. Who knows, maybe I'll catch the runner's bug and my next goal will be a half marathon :) Either way I figured blogging about this upcoming 5K would at least help hold me accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment