Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Today I feel like a mom

I know this might sound funny, but today I truly feel like a mom :) I know that I've "officially" been a mommy for almost 12 weeks now (wow! how time files!!), but something about today made it feel official as a part of who I am and was made to be.

Maybe it's because I'm practiced at diaper changes at Target, or feeding wherever I have to (the car or beach being my specialties), or not panicking when the little guy has a meltdown. Or maybe it's because I love my "after 8pm" rituals of getting stuff done like doing dishes, folding laundry, going for a run, or catching up on blogging. Or it could simply be because, at almost three months into this I'm getting into my daily rhythm, have deeper understanding of how to read Levi, and have a sense of confidence as a mom that has been growing and developing these past months. All that to say, that it's amazing to see that even when you're been created to do something, there's still the process of learning and settling into it - even when it is your destiny. Now, I have not been one to want to do or continue with anything that I'm not good (or should I say, perfect) at instantly. But motherhood has definitely been a different story! There's no quitting this one when things are not at my perfect standard - there's just learning from mistakes, perseverance and growth! But oh, the joys of learning!!

I never knew I would love giving away all of my time, energy, and life to someone who can only give me sweet gummy smiles back in return - but isn't that the joy of being a mom? Giving and expecting nothing in return? Isn't that the example that Jesus demonstrated with his life? Clearly the Lord is teaching me a ton about His ways and His heart!

So here's so feeling like a mommy in every sense I know in this stage of life - looking forward to learning more and loving having this be part of who I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment